Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Virtual Run? Is it worth it?

Virtual Race 

When the first time I heard virtual race is created by I think 42 race. In my mind I don't think this business will work cause at that time there still many running events going on. Virtual Running Race is a race that you pay to join a race but you run yourself in any location. It simply say that you pay to run yourself. And when you complete the run. You just upload your record to their web site and they check you not cheating ( but even you cheat they also don't care) and they mail you your Finisher T shirt and medal. WTH. It simply you are just buying something you don't need. 



Than came the Covid. All running race need to cancel or postpone. This give the organizers of virtual race a big big opportunity push and it became so popular that every runners get use to it. 
After two years of this Covid situation. More and more race organizers need to run their business so no choice need to go into Virtual race. This pandemic kill many business but also make many not so high demand business bloom out of a sudden. Same like the app Zoom. Due to many Work From Home. Zoom apps became popular overnight.

back to this Virtual Race. not all you need to pay. the organizer sometime will create virtual race that is free. you just need to sign up and run. and once you complete the run you get a virtual image medal. for shiok only and can share and tell the world you got run. The free race is just a gimmick it like a free sample for you to try. so when you hook on it, or love the medal or t shirt design you will sign up AND PAY FOR IT. It also free so that the organizer can get your details and also spam your email with many other virtual races.


For me I only sign up the Free one. sometime even I sign up I don't even run for it. Free one it like you happy than run loh . but if you pay mean you must die die go out and run. if not you waste your money for nothing. 

I did sign up payed Virtual race from Running Guild  other than that I almost never do any virtual race at all. Util recently my girlfriend sign up some CC virtual race for me. Now I seldom even run. mostly walking. old already heart not getting stronger.




I think if you love running you don't need a virtual race to push you to go out and run. If you are hardcore runner you simply will just run day and night consistently. But if you need a force to make you run. than no choice go and pay for the virtual race.  This will force you to get out of your sofa and run. 



For me, I will save up util the Real Running Race return. That where you meet new friend and old one. that where you gather together for a purpose run. that where you find yourself still competitive. that where you get all your running photo taken. that where real social life is. that where Real things happen. 



In the end, Virtual Race is just a motivational race for you to move your feet. There not good or bad in it. it just up to individual. you like it you will love it. you hate it you will hate it.

So be Happy Be Brave and Be Wayang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tampines hub 2.4km Run

Long time no write blog cause after the 160km Virtual run than I go for my third vaccine jab. After the jap I got frozen shoulder and heel ...