Sunday, April 1, 2018

Quantity over Quality training?

Photo by Run Photo Run Gallery
Wayang Qoute
You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was - by my friend Abraham Lincoln

Quantity over Quality training?
Quantity, some runners like to run everyday, sometime they run twice a day. Is it good for you? Run so much for what, don't have other things to do is it.
Sometime runner start to increase their training will be due to the obsession of signing too many races at once. That where injury occur. 

View many YouTube and read many training program but none say you need to run everyday. To me if you are preparing for a long distance ultra race. Run everyday is a must. You need the mileage so to cover the distances and don't get injure. That is quantity training. The more the better, but if you feel tired and lost of energy, do rest. Rest so that you can go far.
 Quantity training you need time to fulfill. Not easy to run everyday or simply run a LSD. LSD mean long  slow distance. It already say Long mean very far so need to go Slow. Will cover another topic on LSD next time. Run daily not easy. I ever train daily 10km run till the race. You will feel shoik cause you know you aim.
I more like the quality training. Cause don't need much time. It my way to say. Quality training is for lazy people like me. A week run few time is enough. You still got others stuff to do. Not like you are making a living in running. If you are, please be my guest run 24 hrs I don't care. 

For quality training mostly will do some speedwork, tempo and long run. That only when I feel like running.
Quality training also include HIIT workout on Thursday by Coach Daniel at Serangoon Stadium. It is free dumb than don't go.
No matter you love quality or quantity training. The real purpose of the training is to make you not to easily give up in any races. Yes improvement is one thing but the will to not giving up is more important. You see runners complete races every week. Nothing new to you anymore. Only if you really want to stand out. Don't run, go do something different like riding Mobike 200km. I say only will not do it. 

Train with a purpose, if train for podium that need a lot of commitment and hard work. No one podium by luck.
Train for running a good cause like for charity, yes that a good purpose.
Train for health, than you need to do training that is just enough, don't over do it.
After moving my house, need to revise new training. You will catch me at Punggol.

Be Brave be really Wayang. Hard to write blog already. Cause if I continue writing , I think will offend many runners. So will stop for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tampines hub 2.4km Run

Long time no write blog cause after the 160km Virtual run than I go for my third vaccine jab. After the jap I got frozen shoulder and heel ...