Monday, March 5, 2018

Walk also faster than you!

Wayang Quote
"Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time"

When I started running, I thought running a race is cannot stop. Really and when I saw runners walking I thought I am in the wrong race. I mean you run all the way cannot walk. That why in my mind I say to myself no walking. But after run a few Ultras. I see many run walk run walk. 
Running a long distance race sometime we will walk. So don't worry about a Ultra race in Singapore. Its like going to a gathering to meet friend and walk together hand holding hand. Walking is like eating rice or shitting so normal. But some runner really walk like run. I think you should know who if you go Ben's Ultra races. But why they walk faster than you? It all come down to one thing. Walking got less impact on your legs, you don't lift your legs so high. Walking also will not rise your heart-rate fast. So energy can be contain. If you don't like to run but wanted to overtake a runner, try race walking. 

I ever train myself for race walking but you need to change all you moving pose so I stop. Race walking and speed running cannot mixed. I choose speed. And race walking really a bit sissy. You must have a nice ass to walk gracefully.  But if you don't mind the attention. Than race walking can replace running so that you no excuses say "I cannot run,my knee hurts or your gu gu hurt."
Or you can try my friend Guru, Tejo,  Ravi or Kim Lai style. They not race walk, but they walk really faster than anyone. I try to copy by only for short distance. If you try walking such pattern a long distance like them. You may get injure. They train years for it. My fastest speed for walking is about 8 min /km that the best I can do. But cannot last. 

So if you don't like to run can walk, don't tell me you walking also got problem. If walk also lazy please don't go out. Stay at home wait someone carry you out. Or go buy a electric scooter and kill someone. I thought electric wheels is for the convenient of old people, not people who can walk still prefer not to. So hard to be active meh!

Be Brave no need Wayang in walking, Running not your cup of coffee, go walk, you can find many free hiking or walking groups in meetup or Facebook event. That will be a start. When you very experience, you may be the faster Johnny Walker in Singapore. I don't say the world cause I don't travel.

2 comments:

Tampines hub 2.4km Run

Long time no write blog cause after the 160km Virtual run than I go for my third vaccine jab. After the jap I got frozen shoulder and heel ...