Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Hello! You a Elite leh.


Wayang Conversation
Kim C say - Walau so far!
Siu say - Hello you a elite leh.

Photo by Tay Guan Kiat
This Elite saying you can always heard or see it. It mostly use by Singapore Runners
I google the meaning of Elite it said  the richest, most powerful, best-educated, or best-trained group in a society. But what I see is nothing close to the meaning. Maybe the best trained group can put into elite quote.
In Singapore running society, we runner like to anyhow call others Elite! In facebook post or comment also. You will see comment example if you PB, others will comment Elite. Some call me Wayang Elite, but what is really a elite. 

How you define it.
If a runner always podium, yes that a true Elite.
If a runner very popular, that a so call Elite.
If a runner run very far, that a distance Elite.
If a runner wear like a elite, that a running fashion Elite.
If a runner take photograph, that a photographer.

Elite in Singapore can be anything. For me, cause I too popular. When someone call my name but I don't know or don't remember names, I will call the runner Elite!
I am old cant remember names, and so many friend not sure which is from Facebook which one from Instagram. If I don't remember, you just look at me and I will say I know you right, take selfie take selfie.

But Elite this calling also can make friend. Many runner heard people call them elite they will say no lah or you than Elite. But no need shy, elite is just a way of saying hello. So next time people call you Elite. You just reply Yes I am, Come we take wefies.

To be Elite also not easy. Elite got great responsibilities. It like a Superhero. It like a spring roll model.
Actually the real Elites are those podium runners who always in the top. But the elite word is being abuse so many ways and it is not fresh anymore. So the new word we call Top Runners is Tok Kong but I spell Top Kong. Like King Kong.
But sometime Elite is a sour word to use, like your boyfriend Elite leh(actually he want to be your bf), you Elite leh 1000km no problem lah(atually he think you cannot make it), you so Elite wont dnf lah ( actually he hope you dnf).

Be Brave, Be Wayang.
a bit boring keep asking you all to subscribe my blog. I wonder do you really read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tampines hub 2.4km Run

Long time no write blog cause after the 160km Virtual run than I go for my third vaccine jab. After the jap I got frozen shoulder and heel ...