Sunday, June 10, 2018

Camel Muar 22km Run


The custom q is fking long. I mean the Malaysia, I was in the sick mood. Going in Muar is not a race to me anymore. It a walkcation for video-graphing purpose just for YouTube views. My throat is dry like sandpaper. If I continue to eat the hacks, phlegm will form in my throat. I can't drink water now. Once I drink I need to go toilet. The journey begin after the Malaysia custom. Put on my mask it time to take a nap. It a 1 hour 50 minutes ride to Yong Peng for breakfast. For now I just try to sleep.
Finally reach Yong Peng, rush to eat cause I am so hungry.  The stop is only 20 minutes. Than we continue the ride to the bibs collection area.
I have little memory the last time I came to Muar race. That why now I write it down.  




We collect our bib and singlet at little three dissolve center convert to Chinese. At the little school, you will meetup with more others elites runners from Singapore. We stay at Muarrer Hotel, after check in we headed out for lunch. In Muar for food they will go tum chiak street. The food mostly is satay, otah, watan mee, oyster cake. To me all cannot eat. Dun forget I sick . But dun care still eat. Than walk a bit take some photo and go back take a nap.
After dinner with elites, back to our hotel room. We wash up and wanted to sleep early. But this hotel outside I think got singing KTV. You can heard it so loud. How to sleep? So seat and stare at the TV. The singing last till 12 am. The sleep is a challenge.
Wake up at 3.30 am. Dun sleep well. So wash up and go down to get ready. 


At the race site, you can see many local runners. Safra lah, running hours, coffee tea runner, Daniel HIIT runners  K5 and so on. The announcer motivate the runners also joke about the cow. Than come the warmup dancing. After it will be flagoff for 22km runners. It time 5.30am. the count down begin and here I go again.
To control my coughing I just maintain my breathing from nose to mouth. But after 1km my throat like cracking dry. I need water. Too bad the nearest water point at 4km so I tahan. And also I wanted to pee. Sick people many problem. 




My mind only think of just finish it and go back shit. I also keep farting. I think a lady runner behind me heard it. But who care, my ass can't control. Finally a waterpoint. I need 100plus. I intend to stop at every waterpoint. No choice. My throat need 100plus. I keep spitting cause many phlegm. So to make my running easy. I need to change my thinking that I m not sick. So I put a aim in my mind. First is to found the cows. So once you got a target you will forget you are nothing feeling well. And also relax myself not to stress. See whatever beautiful. Stop and that photo. That how I last till the finishing. Just change your thinking it will change your mood. I cramp also keep going in sundown marathon, what a dumb sore throat can stop me. Just run and have fun.
My finishing time is about 2.30 for 22km not bad for a sick runner.
Must thank because I sick that why I can see the cows. Last time I run too fast no time to say hi. 

The after event was great, not many running event finish come with food. Tons of tons of fruit was given to runners. Also got icecream soyabean drink durian cake cookies. There is finisher t shirt for 22km and 10km runners plus medal. Also for podium prize they got top 12 come with tall trophies. Open veteran male female all can get. Hello if Singapore knn cannot do it. No wonder so many Singaporean give up local race. Expensive not worth to participate.
But I will not be back again. Same races should not go again. Need to find new races.



Be brave be wayang run with a normal heart and everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tampines hub 2.4km Run

Long time no write blog cause after the 160km Virtual run than I go for my third vaccine jab. After the jap I got frozen shoulder and heel ...