Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Why So Kaypoh?

Donate your shoe to this 
 I just Kaypoh to help only, don't ask people beat me up.

Give Shoes Give Love | Soles4Souls

When:
7-15 Apr 2018
7am-7pm
Mon - Sun

Where:
203 Kallang Bahru, Million Building, Singapore 339340
Level 1, Loading bay


Running is a good sport, a good way to be fit and healthy. And in Running we make many friends. When you have many friends, friends will ask about you and you will ask somethings about friends. That we call it as KAYPOH!

I Google Kaypoh mean -(Singapore) to act as a busybody
Origin
From Hokkien 

When I ask something that you don't like to share, you say I kaypoh. When I don't ask the thing that you like to share, you say I don't care about you.

So how to define Kaypoh and concern? Human like to heard what they like to heard only, if something not in their interest, they say you kaypoh. So if I concern about something or someone and ask, mean I am kaypoh. 
So is it kaypoh mean I ask the wrong question at a wrong timing, wrong person or wrong mood. 

At Running Group. Many many kaypoh runners. But are they really Kaypoh, or are they just really care about you so they want to know more? 

Again how you define kaypoh? Please if asking about someone or something is kaypoh, than no one will care you podium or run a PB. No one will stalk your Facebook, No one can ask. Cause that is Kaypoh.

To my thinking kaypoh busybody about someone or something is not harmful at all. Not like gossip that will turn truth into fake. Kaypoh is just asking about someone or something doesn't concern you at all. Like when new year, your relative will ask when will you find a girlfriend? When will you get marry? When will you have baby? But to me it more like a common topic to open up a conversation. 

Kaypoh is just a way to open a conversation. It not easy to talk to someone you not familiar with. So you will use someone you both know and kaypoh about that someone you both know. Example like when suddenly bump into one another in the foodcourt so decided to seat together. Seat together also must talk mah. So will start with hey you know that day Runner X podium? So if Runner X is both our facebook friend than the conversation is open. So that is kaypoh.

be Brave and Kaypoh, Be Wayang and go share my blogs so all runners can kaypoh and donate their shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tampines hub 2.4km Run

Long time no write blog cause after the 160km Virtual run than I go for my third vaccine jab. After the jap I got frozen shoulder and heel ...